top of page

Mental health

Public·27 members

New Diagnosis...

Hey everyone, A couple months ago, I got a new diagnosis. Not of an ED this time, but of autism. I am an adult woman in my 20's, so I never thought I would get a diagnosis like this at this point of my life. I feel like I need some direction, maybe someone I could talk to about this? Feel free to message me if you want to chat🫶

9 Views
Aster
Aster
Sep 11

A good portion of my friends are autistic. It can be a difficult and isolating diagnosis, but there's joy and community in it as well. I have ADHD myself, which shares a lot in common with autism (though there are some major differences as well) so although I can't relate to the diagnosis I can relate to having a brain that doesn't function in the typical way, and I was also diagnosed later than I should have been. Neurodivergence has a huge overlap with a lot of mental disorders including EDs so in a way it makes some sense that this is the way things worked out for us. I'd be happy to talk to you about your new diagnosis and anything else for that matter.

Subscribe

©2014 - 2026 by My Warning.

bottom of page